MARSHALL HEIGHTS COMMUNITY
DEVELOPMENT ORGANIZATION, INC.
2012 THIRD ANNUAL BLACK TIE GALA FUNDRAISER
AND AWARDS PROGRAM
Dear Partners, Friends, and Community,
Marshall Heights Community Development Organization, Inc. is having its
2012 Third Annual Black Tie Gala Fundraiser and Awards Program
on Saturday, October 27, 2012
at the Bolling Club, Bolling Air Force Base located at
50 Theisen Street, SW, Washington, DC 20032.
Our fundraising theme this year is “Helping People to Reach their Potential through Education and Jobs.” MHCDO, a non-profit community based organization located in Ward 7, Washington DC, over the years has assisted thousands of Washington DC area residents to become independent through adult education and employment. Having a job and education transforms lives and helps people to build self-confidence, become empowered, and gain financial independence.
Last year MHCDO provided the following services to individuals:
- Employment Services -1,461
- Adult Education Classes - 164
- Supportive Housing Services – 70
- Housing Counseling Service - 108
Funds raised will be used to continue college scholarships for four (4) students who will graduate in 2013 and have been sponsored since their freshman year; expand the adult education program to include evening classes; and, provide housing, employment, and education service to the community. Your interest and your support are vitally needed to ensure the success of this year’s fundraiser.
Your Participation Is Requested!
There are several ways you can participate:
1. The first way is to attend the Black Tie Gala @ $85 per ticket, which includes a reception, cash bar, dinner, program, entertainment, and dancing.
This year’s guest speaker is Mr. Byron W. Browder, National Chair, Board of Directors, Concerned Black Men. Mr. Derrick Ward, Channel 4, General Assignment Reporter, is serving as our Master of Ceremony.
Entertainment will be provided by Art Sherrod, Jr., Smooth and Urban Jazz Saxophonist, along with his Vocalist and Band. Click here to view Art Sherrod, Jr.
2. The second way is to donate a Sponsorship ranging from $5000 to $25. Your name will be listed in the Souvenir Program Book.
- $5,000 Platinum Table Level - Receive two tables and Sponsor 2013 College Scholarships
- $2,500 Gold Table Level - Receive one table and Sponsor 2013 College Scholarships
- $1,000 Silver Table Level – Receive one table and Sponsor MHCDO Programs
- $250-$500 Business Patron Level - Sponsor MHCDO Programs
- $25.00/Individual Patron Level – Sponsor MHCDO Programs
3. The third way to participate is by placing an ad in the Black Tie Gala Souvenir Program Book. Camera ready ads must be submitted in GIF, JPG, or PDF format minimum 300 dpi and are due by September 30, 2012. Ad rates range as follows:
- $50 Business Card Size (Your business card can be used)
- $150 ¼ Page
- $300 ½ Page
- $500 Full Page
4. The fourth way is to make a donation. No amount is too small.
If you have any questions, please contact one of the representatives below. Click on the links below to donate, purchase tickets, and/or buy an ad. Advance ticket sales are available through September 30, 2012. We have an exciting program planned and want you to join us.
Once again thank you for supporting Marshall Heights Community Development Organization, Inc. and our 2012 Third Annual Black Tie Gala Fundraiser and Awards Program!
Caple E. Green Doris E. Sarumi
Chair, MHCDO Board of Directors Interim President/CEO MHCDO
And the MHCDO Board of Directors and Staff
For ticket sales and more information contact:
Caple E. Green 202-236-8050 Doris E. Sarumi 202-650-5658
Sylvia I. Butler 202-583-2055 Rosa A. Hamlett 202-582-0138
Dr. Mary L. Gaffney 202-399-1828 Andree Martin-Reed 202-650-5608
Click here to buy a ticket, purchase a sponsorship, buy an ad, and/or donate via PayPal.
Click here to download an Invitation for Sponsorship (Order/Participation Form).
Click here to download an Invitation Reply Card.